Welcome Exchange ATM

Hello, all collectors from world wide. Welcome to my mini-world of ATMs. Inside this site, you can find some ATM used covers and ATM stamps that I collected, even some articles I studied. Surely not all the articles are correct, that I hope you feedback your rich knowledge to correct my words. Belive this field will benefit all explorers, and attract more friend into ATM world.
----------Show me knowledge, not stamps--------

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

How can I drop into this black hole ?

I had to mention the first ATM I got regarding this topic I start off collecting ATMs. On Oct. 2002, I start my stamps collection again since freeze of 1997. On end of 2002 I travel to Taiwan for biz trip. At night I want to send out my post card from the post office, but it closed. I found one machine out side the post office, looks like it will output stamps if I insert coins, like I met at Hong Kong airport. Well after input my coins, I got two stamps, the value is 10$ and 20$, put one on postcard, another for letter some days later. That time I did not know anything about the ATM. Just then I think the stamps are very strange, looks like labels, not stamps, no beautiful, even I guess it can not be used as postage. So in the later weeks I bought stamps from account of post office for my travel postcards, not from machine.
Several weeks later, I came back to Beijing. And explored one site named Zhuanti, means topic philately. There is one forum about AUTOMATICE PHILATELY. The beautiful ATM interested me, thru the ATM I can find many many secrets. There are lots of articles about the study of ATM, include cut, print, layout, color, even work process of machine. From then I loved the ATMs.
Thru ATM I made some friends from world wide, and exchange ATMs, share information. Even have dinner together. Also I have ever not touched China ATM, but I always wish one day China can setup new machine for ATM. Whatever I realized my dream to operate ATMs last year at Hong Kong, Macau. This year was Swizterland and France. Every touch I can got more funs, more knowledges.
Welcome drop into our world...

No comments: